• Parents may wait in the lobby for students.
• Teachers and assistants can’t monitor the waiting room or other parts of the establishment. Do not leave small children unattended.
• No food or drinks are not to be brought into the dance room or dressing room. There are designated areas for students to eat, please help us keep them clean.
• Dance Factory follows Volusia County School District Calendar for all holidays and weather emergency closings. (We do not close for teacher duty days)
• Dance Factory is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
All students are required to pay a yearly registration fee.
• $35— New Students & Returning Students (After a year of previous enrollment)
This fee is due when registering. Class spots will NOT be held if fee is not paid. Registration Fees are Non-Refundable. ________________________________________
Tuition is due on or by the 10th of the month.
Tuition is non-refundable. The Dance Factory runs on a calendar month, which means that the tuition remains the same whether there are 3, 4, or 5 classes in that month. Tuition is due by the 10th of each month and is past due after the 10th of each month. We do not pro-rate for missed classes, but you are always welcome to make-up in another class. Please Contact Miss Megan within 5 days of the absents.
A $10 late fee is charged to payments received after the 10th of the month.
You will be notified after the 10th of each month if tuition and/or late fees have not been paid. If payment has not been received by the last day of the month, an additional $5 late fee will occur every week after being late.
• Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class if your account is more than 2 months past due.
• All previously paid for items, such as recital and competition fees, will be forfeited, if you choose not to return to the studio.
• All delinquent accounts will be turned over to a collection agency.
• Dance Factory excepts cash, check or money order.
• Checks may be mailed or dropped off at the (There is a locked drop box at the door of the student’s locker room for payments.))
• The Studio office will not be open in-between classes for payments.
• All recites will be emailed to the email address on your registration form.
• During non-business hour do not place payments in the outside mailbox (it is illegal to do so.) or stick in door frame.
• There will be a $25 fee for all returned checks.
• Tuition will not be prorated for absences or holiday closing. (See ATTENDANCE / ABSENCES / MAKE-UP CLASSES for more information)
Dancers are placed according to age and ability. If a child is more advanced, a higher level of class may be needed to strengthen the dancer’s ability and give them a challenge. In most cases, dancers are with others their own age.
Dancers are not placed because of friendships. They are being placed strictly by the level of technique that they demonstrate on a weekly basis. A child is placed in a class where he/she will feel confident to promote the highest level of self-esteem.
Dancers progress at different levels and advancing a dancer before they are ready can create stress, a loss of interest and discouragement.
STUDIO CLOSINGS: (Please mark your calendars!)
In the event of inclement weather, we follow the Volusia County School closings!
If Volusia County School Districts are closed due to weather, so is the studio, typically. All postings are done through your local new channel.
The studio will be closed on the following dates for 2021 – 2022
The studio will be closed on the following dates for 2021- 2022
November 22 -28
December 20 – January 2
Winter Holiday Break
March 14 – 20
We DO have classes on Teacher Duty Day/ Student Holidays
We DO have classes on Teacher Duty Day/ Student Holidays
ATTENDANCE / ABSENCES / MAKE-UP CLASSES:
Attendance is taken at each class. Good attendance is very important to each dancer’s success, as well as the progress of the class.
Missing classes is inevitable, but excessive absences can become a problem. If a dancer is struggling and the instructor feels it is necessary, a private lesson may be required to help the dancer with any missed material. Solo fees will apply.
Tuition will not be refunded or discounted due to absences. If your child misses a class, he/she can make it up during another class that is similar to the registered class. Make-ups must schedule within 5 days of the absents and be done within 30 days of the class missed. Please Email Miss. Megan to schedule a make-up class. DanceFactorynsb01@gmail.com. There will be no make-ups after May 1st.
Students that miss 4 classes in a row with no call/ no show or tuition payment will be considered “dropped” for that class. This spot will open up for other students to enroll.
SICKNESS / INJURY:
In the event of a dancer falling ill, please keep them home from class in order to reduce the chance of spreading the illness. If a dancer is injured, they are encouraged to observe class.
If your dancer is ill or going to miss class, please call or email Miss Megan regarding the matter.
DROPPING OFF AND PICKING UP AT THE STUDIO:
Dancers are not allowed to stand outside the building waiting for a ride.
Small children need to be escorted to and from the studio. Please do not encourage your dancer to find you out in the parking lot. Never leave your dancer unattended in any part of the studio at any time.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to class.
The studio will be considered open 10 minutes before the first class of the day. The door will remain locked until that time. During the first few weeks of class, we may offer earlier hours to accommodate those who need to register new students.
Please remember, Dance Factory is not a daycare. We are not responsible for dancers that arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. If you arrive early, you must wait with your child until it is time to start class.
Before class begins, please try to have the dancer’s ballet shoes on, as dance class typically starts with Ballet. All dance bags, dance shoes and water bottles should be placed in the dressing room.
Please have your dancer use the bathroom BEFORE class, as bathroom trips during class are very disruptive and can be “contagious”. There is a bathroom at the back of the dance room you may use
During classes we ask that all parents refrain from entering the dance room.
Please do not knock on the windows.
Arriving to class late please send your dancer in ready to dance. (Dance shoes on & hair pulled back.)
Dance Factory reserves the right to cancel any scheduled classes due to low enrollment or lack of interest. Classes may have to be combined or moved to a new time. Classes must have 4 – 5 or more student to stay open. All students will be given the option of an alternative class, if available.
Like any other physical sport or activity there is always the element of risk. By attending Dance Factory classes, students and parents are agreeing that Dance Factory of New Smyrna Beach Inc., its teachers, landlords, and employees are not responsible for any claims or injuries in the dance studio or surrounding properties.
Dancers must wear appropriate dance clothes to class,
leotard, tights, and shoes for the class being attended.
Hair needs to be tied back securely during class.
Loose hair is distracting to both dancer and teacher. Please place an extra ponytail holder in your dancer’s bag. If a dancer’s hair is too short, please have them use a head band. Faculty is not responsible for fixing your child’s hair.
• Take turns at the window as all guests would like to view
• Limit of one guest per family
• Be respectful to others with noise level
• Please do not bang on the windows or tap (This is very disruptive to the entire class!)
• Do Not let small children hang on the windowsill or stand on the coloring table.
It is important to monitor your children’s progress and see the instructors interact with the dancers. Please keep in mind that dancers are very excited and can be easily distracted having guests watch through the windows. The staff appreciates your understanding.
It is extremely helpful to the instructor to keep voices down while sitting in the lobby or office. Noise does travel into the dance rooms and the dancers feed off the energy outside of the door.
Code of Conduct
• Students are expected to be well-behaved, and to show respect and courtesy to their teachers, as well as classmates and parents.
• Students will be dismissed from class for unreasonable behavior or excessive absenteeism. There will be no tuition reimbursement for such occasions.
• Students are not permitted to have cell phones in classrooms at any time.
• Students are not permitted to touch the stereo equipment.
• Students may use the telephone for emergency purposes only.
• Parents are expected to uphold the Code of Conduct. Disruptive or abusive behavior will be addressed by possible dismissal from the Dance Factory
• **Cell phones are allowed in the facility but cannot be used by students during any instruction time. Teachers will allow students to step out of the dance area to make a needed phone call. Cell phones will be taken away if seen out during class & returned to the parent of the dancer after class.
DISMISSAL FROM CLASS: The Dance Factory of New Smyrna Beach, Inc. provides a fun, rewarding, and challenging experience in dance, to students of all ages and abilities. This results from the collaboration among parents, students, and teachers. Class participation, a positive approach to learning, adherence to policies, and parental support are important factors influencing the experience of your student and others enrolled in class. In order to maintain a welcoming atmosphere, the Dance Factory of New Smyrna Beach, Inc. reserves the right to dismiss any student, as it sees fit.
2022 Dance Costume Payment
Costumes are always age appropriate and of the highest quality possible. Every student will be required to purchase one costume (per class) for our June recital. We will measure the students for their costumes during the month of October. Costumes include all accessories, but do not include tights, shoes, or makeup.
In an effort to ensure that costumes are delivered in time for studio photographs and an organized distribution to our students, costume orders are placed during the December holiday break. Costume manufacturers do not accept cancellations or offer refunds; therefore, the studio does not refund costume payments.
Costumes will not be ordered until they are paid for in full. Parents or guardians accept full responsibility for all expenses, including surcharges and postage for costumes that are ordered late. Dance Factory is not responsible if costumes are not received in time for the recital due to late payments. Costume payments are the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Costume payments are due no later than the first class of October for holiday costumes & January for June Recital but may be paid any time prior to that date. No costume will be ordered without payment in full.
Costume Deposit Program (CDP) is available for student that have more than one costume and wish to break up the payments over 3 months. See Miss Megan for more information on the CDP.
Class…………………………………..Holiday Costume………………….. June Costume
(Most Classes will have Combination Costumes that will transfer one routine to another)
Ex. Dancer is in Level 2 Ballet & Jazz and Level 2 & 3 Lyrical. Your dancer would have 2 costumes.
Pre-Dance Ballet & Tap ……Holiday Dress……………………….. 1 Costume
Level 1 Ballet & Tap………… 1 Costume ……………………………..1 Costume
Level 2 Ballet & Jazz………….1 Costume ……………………………..1 Costume
Level 2 & 3 Lyrical………….1 Costume ……………………………….1 Costume
Level 3 Ballet……………………. 1 Costume……………………………… 1 Costume
Level 3 Jazz ……………. 1 Costume……………………………….1 Costume
Level 2 & 3 Tap…………………… Same as Jazz……………………………. Same as Jazz
Level 3 Ballet ……………………..1 Costume……………………………… 1 Costume
Level 3 Pointe …………………….Same as Ballet 4 …………………………………….. Same as Ballet 4
Level 4 Jazz ……………..1 Costume………………………………. 1 Costume Level 4 Lyrical…………………..1 Costume ………………………………..1 Costume Level 4 Tap ……………………….Same as Jazz 4………………………………. Same as Jazz 4
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL COSTUME INFORMATION
Any paid costume not claimed after 30 days of delivery will become property of Dance Factory.
Recital Fee ~ Due April 1, 2022
Your Recital Fee $100 per family. This fee includes recital video, trophy & recital t-shirt.
To help defray the costs, each family pays this recital fee which covers: venue rental, auditorium rental, technician fees, lighting, props, trophies, awards, and programs, etc.
Your recital fee is due APRIL 1st, each year. (Recital Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.)
Students beginning later in the year Pay the same Registration Fee and Recital fee
Due APRIL 1st.
Dance Factory Contact Information & Web Pages
Phone: (386) 690 – 6167
Mailing Address: 104 East Knapp Ave.
Edgewater, FL 32132
Facebook: Please “like” us on Facebook. There is always lots of fun info and things that are posted there. @DanceFactorynsb01
Twitter: Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/dancefactoryedg
Tag us in your favored dance photos or video!